Clark Fork
Pop. 448

Clark Fork River is named in honor of William Clark of the Lewis and Clark Expedition of 1805. The town, in turn, was named after the river. The townsite appears to have been used by trappers as early as 1809, and the lead and silver mines were active from 1913 to 1943. Twenty-four million pounds of lead and one million ounces of silver produced nearly $2.5 million during that time.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved