Viola
Pop. 100

Initially called “Four Mile,” Viola is one of the oldest settlements in Latah County. Established in 1878, the town once served as a stop for the Spokane and Inland Empire Railroad. There are two well-regarded stories as to how this sleepy village received its current name. Some historians claim that the first child born in the area was named Viola and she later became the town’s first teacher. The second story suggests that the town’s first postmaster donated land for a school to be built with the understanding that the town would then bear his daughter’s name

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved