King Hill
Pop. 100

Now located near the Snake River, the original town site was one mile east of its present location. With the inception of the King Hill irrigation project, the town was moved to a more central irrigation location. Stage drivers found the large, crown-shaped hill rising north of town particularly difficult to navigate on their route from Kelton, UT to Boise. Some claim the town did indeed derive its name from this hill, while others claim the name came from Mr. King of the Big Wood Irrigation Company. In either case, the post office accepted the community’s application for service in 1908.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved