Lake Fork
Pop. 10

Located near Donnelly and McCall, Finnish immigrants originally settled in this lake area from 1896 to 1910. Initially, there were only two Finnish settlements in the entire state, but by 1915, eighty-five Finnish families lived here as hardworking farm owners. Dave Collender established a trading post and post office here in 1931. Today, most area inhabitants consider themselves McCall residents, and Lake Fork is primarily just the lake itself. The Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church built in 1916-1917 still stands on a hilltop and is maintained by the Ladies Aid Society. The Nationally Registered Historic Site is only used for Bible studies, weddings, and funerals due to the absence of a presiding minister.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved