Pop. 30

Formerly known as Pine Grove, this small town came into existence with the building of the Anderson Ranch Dam. Mining was also prevalent as is evidenced by the remaining mine dumps. After the completion of the dam, some of the buildings at the location were moved upstream to the present location of Pine. The name of the town is derived from the area’s abundant yellow pine groves. A post office operated here from 1888 to 1929.

Home | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2018 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved