Bellevue
Pop. 1,876

Offering easy access to the scenic Wood River Valley, Bellevue was established in 1880 under the nickname, “Gate City.” The town was settled in response to the Minnie Moore and Queen of the Hills mine discoveries and grew quickly under its original name of Biddyville. In 1890, when the town was chosen as the Logan County seat, the Idaho Territorial Legislature decided that the community needed a more proper sounding name. Thus, Bellevue acquired its present name and received a city charter. To this day, Bellevue remains the only Idaho city possessing charter status.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved