Hill City
Pop. 30

A man named Mr. Nicklewaite founded this small community when he first learned that the Oregon Short Line Railroad was building a line through the area. The first name given to the town was Prairie, for Camas Prairie, but was later changed to Hill City in recognition of the Bennett Mountain Hills located nearby. Hill City became the railroad line’s terminus in 1911 as it traveled northwest from Richland across the Camas Prairie. A post office was established a year later.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved