Lost River
Pop. 28

Appropriately named after its location on the Lost River, the settlement of Lost River was established on November 12, 1885 when William Matthews opened the first area post office. Just as the nearby Big and Little Lost Rivers disappear into the Snake River plain’s horizon, this small mining camp disappeared into history as well. By 1911, the camp was nearly deserted, and the post office was forced to shut its doors. Today, only a handful of residents remain.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved