Gooding
Pop. 3,228

First named To-po-nis, a Shoshone Indian word translated into English as “black cherries” or “trading post,” Gooding was established in 1883 as a railroad stop for the Union Pacific Railroad. The name was changed in 1896 after Frank Gooding, a prominent landowner, sheep farmer, and founder of the town. Frank later served as town mayor and Idaho governor, and acted as a U.S. Senator from 1921 until his death in 1928.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved