Georgetown
Pop. 538

In 1870, Brigham Young urged a band of Saints to establish a community between Soda Springs and Montpelier. The settlement was first called Twin Lakes, but after a visit from Young, he requested it be renamed after his companion, George Q. Cannon. Cannon later became a delegate to the Utah Congress. The post office was established in 1873.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved