Bloomington
Pop. 251

Bloomington was originally a Mormon settlement platted in 1864 by Charles Rich and his eldest son, Joseph. The men first laid out the site in ten-acre parcels, later dividing each parcel into ten equal lot sizes. The lots were then assigned during a community meeting, and five-acre farms were distributed at the same time. The town sprouted with activity, and new settlers arrived every day to construct permanent residences. By the late 1860s, the town produced such a bountiful harvest that Rich named his town site Bloomington. However, it wasn’t until 1910 that Idaho recognized the area as an official community.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved