Conda
Pop. 200

The Anaconda Copper Company founded Conda as a model industrial town in 1920. The town served as a home base for employees of the company’s nearby phosphate mine. The name was a derivative of the company itself, and the company built about seventy houses, a church, school, and store to lure people to the town’s isolated location. Since 1959, the J.R. Simplot Company has owned and operated the phosphate mine at Conda. The open-pit mine is about thirteen miles long. After the ore is harvested, upgraded, and calcined, it is shipped to Simplot’s Pocatello fertilizer company.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved