Dingle
Pop. 100

Originally called Dingle Bell after the ringing bell located around the neck of lead sheep, this small town originated as a Mormon settlement in the 1870s. It was then called Cottonwood because of all the trees in the area. Finally, after much controversy, the name Dingle stuck for good in 1881. The Post Office was established in 1890.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved