Samaria
Pop. 135

Welsh Mormon immigrants first settled here in 1868 and named their settlement after a district in Palestine. Shortly after arriving, the pioneers built irrigation canals to raise sheep and cattle and grow wheat and hay. Flour and saw mills were also established, and the population surged over 800 people in 1890. A post office operated from 1881 to 1983, and the town residents have long been recognized throughout the area for their good samaritan ways.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved